Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
17%
No
83%
By General Grievous
Hello All,

I was afraid when the first wipe was done. The second wipe I saw as opportunity (and perhaps you agree). Since the last wipe new blocks were introduced and we moved on, so I would like to suggest a new wipe end of this year (although I know that the tube is developing).

In addition I would like to suggest
- to add an option "level:xxx" for a plot where x is below 1 and 255 so that the ground can be wiped but the surface remains as it it.
- automatically keep the tube.

Pros: Intelli could use the coding of the last wipe (if the options are not implemented), so limited efforts; clean environment; new blocks

Cons: Paths/train lines will be removed (but that wasn't a big issue after the last wipe).

Best,
A.
By dlgn
No. We don't need one and it's a pain to prepare for. We did a public land wipe last time because there was a huge amount of new territory. The only new "territory" in 1.8 is the new stone types, which could be inserted into the world like quartz was without all the fuss of a wipe. All of that is not to mention that there are players who come on infrequently enough at this point that they wouldn't be able to preserve their stuff. We'd lose a great deal for essentially nothing. It's inconvenient and unnecessary.

~dlgn
By meloetta_344
Ok i voted no and here is a couple reason and i will use your points. (everything in bold is what you said)
General Grievous wrote: to add an option "level:xxx" for a plot where x is below 1 and 255 so that the ground can be wiped but the surface remains as it it.
*This here will be more coding for Intelli and will not be easy.
*This will destroy plot terrain and buildings.
*Plot terrain will be very flat with this option added as it will wipe mountains and trees from the land.
*Buildings (although not the biggest concern) will be wiped and players that haven't played for long enough to have the credits to buy said plots will lose everything they were working on.
automatically keep the tube.
*This also will be more coding for Intelli and again no be easy.
Pros: Intelli could use the coding of the last wipe (if the options are not implemented), so limited efforts; clean environment; new blocks
*Some people did not like the previous wipe as some of the land did not turn out great and some of the areas were ruined because of the wipe
Cons: Paths/train lines will be removed (but that wasn't a big issue after the last wipe).
*Paths and train lines was a big deal after the last wipe as it disconnected a lot of the major rail lines from spawn and had to be reconnected.
dlgn wrote:No. We don't need one and it's a pain to prepare for. We did a public land wipe last time because there was a huge amount of new territory. The only new "territory" in 1.8 is the new stone types, which could be inserted into the world like quartz was without all the fuss of a wipe. All of that is not to mention that there are players who come on infrequently enough at this point that they wouldn't be able to preserve their stuff. We'd lose a great deal for essentially nothing. It's inconvenient and unnecessary.
Exactly what dlgn said, it was a pain to prepare for and it was a pain to fix plots after the wipe.
Gnotoca wrote:I go for no at this time. I would rather have a new wipable Wild outside the 5000 boundaries.
This sounds like a better idea, as a wipable Wild outside the 5000 boundaries like the last time would give the challenge a lot of players want, and will be able to add the new blocks to the world without destroying plots and the terrain.
By cobaya18
By Bu1ld0g
General Grievous wrote:add an option "level:xxx" for a plot where x is below 1 and 255 so that the ground can be wiped but the surface remains as it it.

* marks all owned plots to wipe below y76 - woot new diamonds :D
By Bu1ld0g
Soul K wrote:I would only vote yes for a wipe if intelli bright out minerealm v5 and a new currency.
By all accounts v5 will be a new venture on a new server while still keeping the existing map on it's current server.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]