Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
55%
No
45%
By Joseph3114
I'm really surprised by all of the "NO" votes actually.
Friday night there were 3 people online, tonight there are 11 online.

In case you guys have forgotten, there was a point in time we had to vote to cap the server at 150. See http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... player+cap

I've been banned at least twice for silly things, it's a video game. Hacks exist, people are gonna try them. Period. Get off your high horses, just because you've never been caught doesn't mean you've never broken rules.
By macrofeet
I suggested this a while ago and was told that the perm ban list is virtually non existent &
it turned out the few people who are perm banned with no chance of appeal are probably not worthy as not just in game stuff but banned for harassment etc.
By x998monsterx
Well, I like the idea but it would be a little silly. I suggest that instead of unbanning everyone, we do selective unbanning.

What is selective unbanning?

Selective unbanning is unbanning most people, not all. There are definitely some characters on the server who we never wan't to see back. So I believe that staff should look through the archive of bans and suggest who should be unbanned and who stays banned. They could judge this on the amount bans the player has had, what they did it for and whether they ever made an appeal.

What about the Perm'd?

I suggest that if they were unbanned this would be their VERY last chance. To do selective unbanning on this it would be whether they made several appeals and what the community thought of it. For example, onemanwolfpac and ceph. These both made appeals after getting perm'd and it went down quite well with the community. These guys are desperate to play again, just what the community needs back on the server. Staff may question whether or not they would go against the rules again. If they did this then I suggest to never let them back. A thread would have to be made for the perm'd with poles on it. If they was a pole for everyone perm'd, then we could judge what the community think. With that in mind, staff could have a chat and make a decision.

This is exactly what the community needs, an injection of players coming back. If more came back, more will want to play. The veterans will then hear that the server is full and busy again. They will come back. It will make the server lively, what we all want.

~Monster
By diamond_boss
Gnotoca wrote:Needed to think a bit on this one. But in the end NO.

I do not want 5 billion one-block dirt towers and max destruction in public areas ...
Okay let's just be serious here. For the dutty dirt block spammers who got banned a long time ago for doing that kinda stuff, Minerealm probably isn't even relevant in the deepest recesses of their minds. I mean, they weren't even serious about the game when they were here. What kind of craziness makes you think that they'll be serious about a revolutionary unban and say "Hey, spamming dirt blocks and messing stuff up is a great use of time!" and then spend fifteen minutes of their day coming on here and doing that. Better yet, what craziness makes you think that they'll even be aware of their unban? I think people are taking the threat of a universal unban on Minerealm way to seriously. But to each one's own, I guess.
By Bu1ld0g
It's not like there's a playerbase right now.
You never know, the permabanned players could come back with new groups and be of benefit to this ghost town...
By Rokkrwolf
Whether that is true or not they were/are permabanned for particular reasons and wouldn't be allowed back even if this were considered.

As far as the ghost town -
Intelli wrote:Pretty standard for this time of year: https://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=minecraft

Most other community servers are experiencing the same thing. 1.8 Bukkit & Microsoft drama hasn't helped.

But yea, numbers are always low this time of year. We also haven't been doing any advertising, so the current numbers aren't surprising.
By Bu1ld0g
My argument of ghost town still stands, MineRealm has NEVER been this quiet for so long.
You want to believe it's trends then be my guest...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]