Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
48%
No
52%
By meloetta_344
There is something people haven't really stated yet, so I'll state it. If we do a Nether wipe, then we may have a Nether Wars 2 just for the new Glowstone (like this even matters anymore :P ), Nether Fortresses (for the Wither Skellie spawn pads), and for the Nether Quarts. Doing this, while people enter the Nether just to go from point A to point B faster, will get a lot of PVP arguments (and I know how much the people of MineRealm just love PVP arguments *sarcasm*) and will probably result in a lot of bans. I know MineRealm must have gotten over the Nether Wars, but we have Mist arguments almost all the time, so having a Nether Wipe would be a very bad idea at this point.
By 11Hax
I have to admit that this whole thread is disturbing to me. It's so easy for SilsuCrow to come back after a [very] long time and not put any value into the work that has been done at this server.

We who have been here working on nether paths and put hours of our time in fixing everything, it's just trash in his eyes.

It's just so extremely arrogant.
By SilsuCrow
11Hax wrote:I have to admit that this whole thread is disturbing to me. It's so easy for SilsuCrow to come back after a [very] long time and not put any value into the work that has been done at this server.

We who have been here working on nether paths and put hours of our time in fixing everything, it's just trash in his eyes.

Or maybe I look at the Nether and think "Wow, there's nothing left here to mine out, everything is gone, and just when I needed things to work on my builds". I mean yes, the paths and hubs and whatnot are all very nice, no doubt about that but my main concern is how, aside from going through well established merchants, am I going to obtain the materials to work on my stuff? I would much rather go mine it for myself than 1) find out who has what I need for a reasonable price, 2) PM them and wait for a response to set up a meeting time, 3) try to remember how credit transactions work and make the deal while risking the (admittedly low) possibility of getting ripped off. It's far less hassle to mine it up myself, relies on fewer people and gives that sense of accomplishment when you finally get the stuff you need. But then the stuff I need in the Nether is pretty friggin' rare now that everything's been strip-mined to pieces.

And yes, off the main roads and passages, the Nether looks like trash. Go to the lowest levels and it's nothing but 1x2 tunnels crisscrossing the map or entire caverns carved out. The more central areas aren't any better, tangles of 1-wide cobble and netherrack bridges, hastily made stairs and long abandoned portals.
By Valendr0s
I seriously can't believe you're still complaining. Every single one of your problems has been addressed, and you're still pressing the issue. Ya... Neither looks like a hundred people have been using it for 3+ years. It's probably because a hundred people have been using it for 3+ years.

Get over it.
By meloetta_344
Valendr0s wrote:I seriously can't believe you're still complaining. Every single one of your problems has been addressed, and you're still pressing the issue. Ya... Neither looks like a hundred people have been using it for 3+ years. It's probably because a hundred people have been using it for 3+ years.

Get over it.
This. Also if you want to mine the stuff for yourself, then go strip mining just like how the other people did it. Also if you don't like the strip mine tunnels, then ask the admins to find out who did them and when they say you can fill then back up with Netherrack (you can also do that with your own strip mining, if you do that to look for resources). Its all about how badly you want this stuff. I came a bit late in MineRealm's history where there was no more Glowstone in the Nether, but I didn't ask for a Nether wipe, instead I went out to get the credits to buy it, and now Villagers sell it, and I finally have a bit of Glowstone, you need to do the same for Nether Quarts. Just get the credits to buy it (you did say you have about 90k, which is plenty) and be happy for the still wonderful builds in the Nether; people worked hard to make the Nether into what it is today.
By Bu1ld0g
SilsuCrow wrote:
11Hax wrote:
Or maybe I look at the Nether and think "Wow, there's nothing left here to mine out, everything is gone, and just when I needed things to work on my builds". I mean yes, the paths and hubs and whatnot are all very nice, no doubt about that but my main concern is how, aside from going through well established merchants, am I going to
Lmao, even your response was me, me, me.
>.<
By SilsuCrow
*Throws up hands in defeat*

Fine, I'm done, I'll go through the merchants and whatnot to get the items I need. Won't hear a peep outta me about the Nether aside from annoyance when I have to traverse that blasted rat maze.

Maybe I can work out a deal of redstone work for items or something.
By Soul K
monkeychunks wrote:I voted yes and I can give you some very valid reasons why it should be wiped.

1). All the nether fortresses are messed up and wither skeleton spawning zones are harder to find.

2). Most worlds are much bigger than minerealm including a bigger nether in which minerealms nether is only around 500x500. Do you know how small that is?

3). The nether ATM is super old, torn up and griefed.
Pretty well this.
The nether should be wiped with 1.8 if that ever gets here.

Considering how small it is in there it wouldnt take long to remake all the tunnels/transit paths there currently is.
By DarelleZindad
I might vote yes on a nether wipe when I no longer find netherrack there. When I first joined MR there was no glowstone left and villager-trades did not yet exist. Nether wasn't wiped back then, why should it be now?
Quartz was implemented so I do not see why there is need for a wipe. It's not like we are missing any ressources in game.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]