Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
96%
No
4%
Hello,

I am proposing that we allow the original poster of a trade thread to be allowed to edit their post at anytime.

How is this beneficial?
Whenever a person makes a long list of items for sale, he/she would have to copy the original list, make the edits, and paste it every time a sale is made or items are added in order to avoid confusion. Allowing the author of the first post in the trade thread to edit ONLY the first post as they please will allow for easier transactions and keeping the thread less cluttered with walls-of-texts of items for sale.

Would this add more work for staff to check for forum abuse?
In the event of people abusing the edit button in trade threads, I can imagine forum bans may be placed. If a person were to edit a post to increase the price of an item after a purchase has been requested, then I believe a forum ban should be in place. I doubt this may be abused heavily, but forum trolls will be forum trolls. In this instance I would suggest the buyer to quote what they're buying at the specified price.

Are there any examples of this being implemented?
I'm sure many of you have seen falareborn's post (http://www.minerealm.com/community/view ... =8&t=15653) and how clean the thread looks from editing the parent post. You can compare this thread to any other "Sale" threads and see the difference.

Thanks for looking :)

FinalFouad
FinalFouad wrote: Would this add more work for staff to check for forum abuse?
In the event of people abusing the edit button in trade threads, I can imagine forum bans may be placed. If a person were to edit a post to increase the price of an item after a purchase has been requested, then I believe a forum ban should be in place. I doubt this may be abused heavily, but forum trolls will be forum trolls. In this instance I would suggest the buyer to quote what they're buying at the specified price.
This may not be so much of a problem. The forum already states "_____has edited his/her post ___ times" after a post has received a reply. If a price is changed after a reply is made, we'll know.

Great idea!
Just a note about what you can do until this is implemented: If you need to do something like update a list of what you have for sale, make the list in excel first. Take a screenshot, and put it in a dropbox folder. You can then copy a public link to that picture, and put that into your post. After that, if you want to change the contents of the image, you can just take a new screenshot, name it the same thing and place it in the same location. The link will then point to the new image and update your post.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]