Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
62%
No
38%
By eah
Emershaan wrote:It sounds like most people on this server don't actually know that much about different difficulty levels. As has already been said in this thread, increasing the difficulty does NOT increase the number of mobs spawning. For informational purposes, the effects of difficulty levels according to the minecraft wiki:

Peaceful: Hostile mobs and food bar depletion are disabled, everything else mostly standard.

Easy (Minerealm's current setting): Hostile mobs spawn normally, enemies deal relatively low damage, Creepers more likely to cancel exploding if you move away from them (and their explosions are usually non-lethal), damage from starvation will take you to half health, Cave Spiders don't inflict poison with their attacks and the Wither doesn't apply the Wither effect, though Wither Skeletons still do.

Normal: Enemies do medium damage, damage from starvation will take you down to minimum health (half of one heart), Creepers have standard levels of aggression (and their explosions do MUCH more damage, likely to be lethal), Cave Spiders and Withers cause their effects normally. Portals spawn pigmen at twice the rate as easy.

Hard: Enemies deal high damage, starvation is lethal, Creepers are more persistent with explosions (and those explosions will absolutely annihilate you), zombies break down wooden doors, spiders can spawn with potion buffs. Portals spawn pigmen at triple the rate as easy. Zombies have a chance of spawning reinforcements when attacked.

Increasing straight from Easy to Hard would be a massive jump. I propose a separate thread to suggest increasing difficulty to Normal instead, and if it is accepted and the difficulty changed, a while (month or two?) to get a feel for the new difficulty level and make a more informed decision on what the difficulty should be. I also ask that, if any changes in difficulty are made, that Intelli include the changes that the new difficulty entails in the post announcing it, because most people aren't going to seek the correct information out on their own, and it'll minimize the repetitive questions and misconceptions.
Difficulty does affect mob spawning. And with the number and size of gold farms on the server, it could mean lag.
By Emershaan
eah2119 wrote:
Emershaan wrote:-snip-

Normal: Enemies do medium damage, damage from starvation will take you down to minimum health (half of one heart), Creepers have standard levels of aggression (and their explosions do MUCH more damage, likely to be lethal), Cave Spiders and Withers cause their effects normally. Portals spawn pigmen at twice the rate as easy.

Hard: Enemies deal high damage, starvation is lethal, Creepers are more persistent with explosions (and those explosions will absolutely annihilate you), zombies break down wooden doors, spiders can spawn with potion buffs. Portals spawn pigmen at triple the rate as easy. Zombies have a chance of spawning reinforcements when attacked.
-snip-
Difficulty does affect mob spawning. And with the number and size of gold farms on the server, it could mean lag.
I stand corrected - Higher difficulties do affect these 'extra' sources of mob spawning (though not 'normal' spawning rates, as many people think). Thank you.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]