Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
60%
No
40%
I would like there to be a enforce on banning when it comes to book contract breaking. The reason for this is it would allow books to be able to be used as a contract that has the banning system to back it up. I think that this would be more of a "at the moment" type thing; example: if a person wants to rent a square of land in another players plot to use as a shop, instead of the player(who may think this is a good idea, or has this idea setup) would not have to go to the forum to setup the contract. I do not know if this will lower the amount of posts that go into the making of trade contracts on the forum, but it might be easier and more personal towards specific players. The staff can require whatever they want from a contract that is broken, I suggest that if contracts are made that there needs to be evidence on both parties: the person who has signed it needs atleast screenshot or video evidence about the completing of a contract and the contract's contents. The person who has made the contract will need evidence of his contract's contents and of the contract being broken. Since a book is signed it will show the name who signed it, namely the person who is signing the contract; this means that the staff must have the signed contract and not a copy(which can be forged) to be evaluated, along with the evidence, before they can make their decision. This is my suggestion about how it should be conducted if it is enforced; a problem I see from this is that it requires a physical presence of the staff to review the book. Some people do not use the forum, they should though, so this contract system can help with that towards new players or those who prefer not to use the forums.

I think this will require more indepth discussion, please respond why it is or is not an efficient and safe tool for trading/renting/other.
By soso_1
I have a better example that the contract system will work better in: a banking/storage system. If someone wants to put some valuables in a storage so they do not have to keep up with it or their plot may despawn because of a vacation or something along those lines, then he can go to a storage or bank place that another person has created and sign a contract for the storage of his goods. If the contract is not met(depending on the contract's contents) then the person who did not meet the contract will have technically stollen the person's space because he did not pay for any extra time that he was gone. This means that the person holding his goods can do something with those goods to free up the space and use the contract to defend himself if the contract's terms allows the person to take the items or charge even more if not paid for in the allotted time. I think that this can make a safer, more efficient storage system and more customised storage system for differn't people.
This wasn't rejected just because of the votes not reaching the limit but other several key factors which I will point out.

First is the most common thing people should know, scamming is against the rules. Therefor making the whole contract thing pointless.

Second, who's to say the contract is legit? Unless the contract or trade ect is made through the forums then there is no official logs. Now I know what you were trying to do here is make them in the the books but problem with your current setup is who to say that is the right contract? They can be easily modified, I know you made reference to video or screenshots but both can be easily manipulated as well. Which is why such things should be kept to the forums where they are under staff control.

In short how I am seeing it currently is this, what you're asking is we enforce in-game auctions? Which we won't do as they aren't under our control and are completely sloppy since they can't be. As for the other things(trades, contracts, banking ect) again those are better kept the forums so staff have complete control over it so all parties have no choice but to follow through.
This will not change the fact that it is rejected, but I do want to respond to your post about this being rejected. True that scamming is against the rules, but scamming is also done on the forum(ex: Selling a stack of diamond, gets the highest bid, does not give the diamonds) this example works the same way with contracts(ex: someone signs a contract for renting land, the player does not give him the rights.) this person here can then go to a staff member with the problem and then the staff member will request the contract, if the contract is destroyed(it can not be forged because the signature can not be changed in the minecraft book system, signed books cannot be edited, and copies show up as copies) and if the person who has created the contract lies that he does not have it then it is void. True video and screenshots are manipulatable, but it usualy only affects one side(ex: I have a screenshot[manipulated] that the contract says that I get this. While the other person will either have the contract or a screenshot of their own, but the contract is required.) Yes, this is not in a domain controlled by admins, but it seems that it can easily be resolved with the contract itself. In-game auctions are already enforced(technically with those who scam using the auction, the victim goes to the forum) this will have the same effect on book contracts. It is the same between the forum and book contracts, both parties do have to agree, in the book contract form however when a party does not hold up its end it should be reported on the forum. Since this is rejected I just want to say I wanted this for my own personal book keeping and to make contracts that are not viewed by everyone on the forum(nothing bannable, racist, or otherwise bad in general) swearing can be taken the same way as if it were on the forum, but those who do not mind can except it. As a warning those who would use a book contract, they should not read a contract without knowning that something could possible be any of those which are in the most recent brackets above. I also prefer In-Game above Forum.
soso_1 wrote:but scamming is also done on the forum(ex: Selling a stack of diamond, gets the highest bid, does not give the diamonds)
Report it to Staff. Per the Auction Rules the bidder/seller will be forced to honour their bid/auction or face a ban.
soso_1 wrote:In-game auctions are already enforced(technically with those who scam using the auction, the victim goes to the forum)
Incorrect. Staff don't enforce bids on in-game auctions. What we DO enforce is that if a trade is made then either (a) items are exchanged on the terms that were agreed between parties or (b) items are returned to their original owners and the trade is cancelled.

Examples:
  • If someone bids 10k in-game for a stack of dirt blocks, Staff will not require the bidder to honour their bid. If the bidder goes to trade and accepts the dirt blocks from the seller then Staff will either require them to (a) pay the 10k or (b) return the dirt blocks to the seller, thereby cancelling the trade.
  • If someone bids 10k on the forums (in the Trading section) for a stack of dirt blocks, Staff will require the bidder to honour their bid. They will need to pay 10k to the seller and the seller will need to give them the stack of dirt blocks.
TeeJayDub wrote: Report it to Staff. Per the Auction Rules the bidder/seller will be forced to honour their bid/auction or face a ban.
This will have the same effect on book contracts that are broken.
TeeJayDub wrote: Incorrect. Staff don't enforce bids on in-game auctions. What we DO enforce is that if a trade is made then either (a) items are exchanged on the terms that were agreed between parties or (b) items are returned to their original owners and the trade is cancelled.
In your first example:
TeeJayDub wrote: If someone bids 10k in-game for a stack of dirt blocks, Staff will not require the bidder to honour their bid. If the bidder goes to trade and accepts the dirt blocks from the seller then Staff will either require them to (a) pay the 10k or (b) return the dirt blocks to the seller, thereby cancelling the trade.
So does this mean it is enforced to an extent? Due to the fact that if it was accepted by the bidder and if a or b were not executed, there would be consequences since this is known as scamming.

But I can see where you are comming from, most likely the book contract system would either not work in the trade system, or it would have to be done differently. It can still be used in the banking/renting system.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]