Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
58%
No
42%
By monkeychunks
Some of you may remember a while back Intelli implemented a voting system in which players could vote for the server and recieve random amounts of credits. I think voting is a great way to advertise the server as well as help new players out and this old voting system should be brought back! Minor adjustments could be made like adding tokens to the system but I want to see what you guys think.

Note: Not necessarily spawning credits since 10% of minerealms wealth is deleted anyways, think of it more as tax returns for showing server support.
By DragonSlayer155
Without This:
Legit Server = No Items Spawned In
No Items Spawned In = Bit more of a challenge
Challenge = Work for credits, and buy whatever you need, or find it

With This:
Challenge = Vote, Recieve Credits, Buy whatever you need.

+1, I need a little rest from sleeping.
EDIT: thats not sarcasm
By monkeychunks
DragonSlayer155 wrote:Without This:

With This:
You would still need to work for credits, however you might get a little here and there from voting. I can't recall exactly how many credits the voting system gave out but usually only like a hundred to five hundred and if you were very lucky 10,000 but Im not even sure anyone got that. It's just a fun little way to get some credits and everyone in chat can see you voted. It would also be cool to get tokens for /ad occasionally from this.
By dlgn
No.

Argue all you like about whether it's technically "legit" as credits are Intelli's invention in the first place etc. but it allows in-game advantages not as a result of work but as a result of doing something for Intelli outside of the game. This is not what we want; after all, there's a reason we banned real-world trading. And didn't we state "in-game rewards should be from actual in-game work" as a reason for the ruling regarding the whole "leaving something on the mouse" thing with the AFK fishing farm? Besides, we don't really need that many more new players.

Now, if we could receive a small amount of tokens instead, I might support it as the point of tokens is to reward players for real-world participation. But credits? No way. They're designed as part of MineRealm's internal economy, and bringing somewhat unrelated outside influences into that just doesn't seem right.
By diamond_boss
DragonSlayer155 wrote:Without This:

With This:

+1, I need a little rest from sleeping.
EDIT: thats not sarcasm
In a way that contradicts itself, because voting isn't really a challenge, and people get get free credits daily by just clicking a button. Also, I don't remember when people could vote for credits... although I do think Meeps made a suggestion about it. Lol maybe my brain is just wacky.
By Kuzora
I would love this as long as it was only a marginal amount of credits, just enough to somewhat compensate for the time it takes to vote. I wouldn't want something that could be 'profitable' for the amount of time it takes compared to a lot of in game tasks. That way you vote for the server, get a few bonus credits, the server gets some more advertising, and the credits system goes on like normal because the extra credits in the game aren't that much to begin with.

Now getting tokens for voting would be a nice thing but only if the benefit is still very small. Not sure if I'm totally for the tokens because intelli does need help with server costs and that could potentially take away from that. It could help by bringing new donors to the server but that's pretty indirect and not very guaranteed.

One could say, why should people need to be rewarded for something like this? The answer is simple, you can say you can just do it with no benefit but no one will remember about it and it will not get done enough to make any sort of impact. You throw in a little incentive and all the sudden people start to remember to do it. It's more of a reminder than anything.

Basically my point is, it would be awesome having some kind of very small in game benefit, much preferably a few credits, so that this server can get some more advertising. So +1 from me :D

Edit: And during the time i spent typing this it get's marked invalid. D:
2nd Edit: Gah sorry for the edits, will be done after this, can someone pm me why the old system was removed so I can maybe type up a proper suggestion?
By Bu1ld0g
You limit the voting to once per day and the player gets say 250rc for their time in helping advertise the server.
And arguing that its free money when a player can easily earn 10k+ in a day is a bit silly..

Why was the voting system removed btw?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]