Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
74%
No
26%
AegisMN wrote:I would say its lazy to steal other's goods instead of get your own.

Why is every other form of destruction and theft on private property against the rules of except this one?
I think becouse it's not possible to monitor who kills what animal (where looting or griefing CAN). So it's not getting logged, meaning Staff can't check who killed your animal.
For the record, it's not about how hard it is to build an iron door or buying a plot, it's more about gearing the community to be less hostile and destructive. Even if actually tracking it is difficult, I think if screen shots and viable witness reports are made it should be counted as harassment. If throwing snowballs or hitting people with a fishing rod can count, then why not killing obviously owned animals?
By dlgn
I voted yes, but...well, I was under the impression that this was already pretty much what the rules for killing others' animals were. I seem to recall OverlordOfStuff having his animals killed (before he'd bought a realm), for instance, and Rokkr telling him that it was allowed because he hadn't blocked off the entrances.
I have to wonder why people are so against this. We shouldn't have to hide something that is obviously ours. I had about 30 cows in a pin that were killed to the last one. I then had to spend an hour trying to get a slime ball to make a lead as the nearest cows were hundreds of blocks away. The only possible reason for doing that is to be a complete jerk.

Besides, a herd in the open can be shared. If I have a bunch of cows/sheep, I really don't care if someone comes along and takes a breeding pair. Instead, I've got mine locked away behind walls, so unless you catch me online, you're on your own.
By river33
AegisMN wrote:
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:What's so hard about enclosing them so no one can get in? All I got out of this is make it illegal unless 2 survive.
When someone raids a chest, they steal acquired goods. It's against the rules.

I fail to see how slaughtering someone's acquired animals is any different.
I honestly agree with this. But then again, Intelli has a lot on his plate. It would be nice though!
Maybe once Intelli catches up with the 100% necessary things (So when, never?) we may implement this, whatever.
But right now it is just a matter of how you want to display your animals.
Staff already have enough to do- why burden them with more stuff anyway? As-is, most staff I know rarely get to do anything without being called off somewhere, and if we implement this then being a staff would be a death sentence to your entire playing career.
By AegisMN
Meowrocket wrote:Maybe once Intelli catches up with the 100% necessary things (So when, never?) we may implement this, whatever.
Really poor rationale.

If that's the case, then the "Suggestions" section should be closed.
By Rixih
falareborn wrote:I think becouse it's not possible to monitor who kills what animal (where looting or griefing CAN). So it's not getting logged, meaning Staff can't check who killed your animal.
It's safe to assume we monitor everything. :P Why do you think people are suggesting that animals should be treated as loot and therefor protected? Because they expect us to roll it back. Also, why should you expect staff to do more work, when you can't even bother to encase your own animals.. Leaving your animals out in the open, in a field, easily accessible, is like placing a double chest of diamond blocks on a public realm and then whining to staff when it gets looted as if you didn't expect such a thing to happen.

If you can put fence posts up AND a sign like the OP says, then you can place a few more blocks to enclose your animals. Why would you go through the effort to block the animals off, AND place a sign/write who owns it.. but not place a few more just to make a ceiling. As long as they are blocked off, even by a thin layer of blocks, then we can help you. Even if you just encase the animals in tiny little boxes (with a roof), if people exploit/grief the blocks BOOM you get a rollback. OR if you're all up in arms over doing minimal work. Encase two of them, and let the other ones roam. I get what you're saying, I understand that it's frustrating, but if you can't even put the effort in why should staff members? Adding more and more rules to protect everything and anything just ruins the game.

If someone's killing your animals over and over either way it's considered harassment, btw.

My TLDR; Stop being lazy, honestly.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]