Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
41%
No
59%
In response to this thread here is a suggestion on how claiming land with signs could work:

- A player can only claim one plot with signs at a time.
- If a player tries to claim multiple plots with signs, all claims by that player are void.
- When alts are used to claim additional plots, the above rule applies.

It seems to me that the land claiming rule is meant to be for new players who are unable to purchase a plot so they are somewhat protected from people destroying their land before they can purchase it. Currently the rule is being abused by rich players who claim over 10 plots with signs after already purchasing around 40 in the area.

This suggestion would still allow new players to protect their first plot but would prevent rich veterans from abusing the rule to claim large number of plots.
By Eetrab
How about this: you can claim as many plots as you want, but there is no guarantee that the rest of the community will abide by your claims. If a player bought a plot claimed by someone else for a valid reason, too bad. If it was just to harass and make the player's life hard, then there are enforceable consequences.

Otherwise people can sort it out on their own through bartering.
I'm not seeing the problem here... First of all if a player claims a plot with a sign just ask staff if you can buy it. Staff can easily reason out a fair agreement between the players. Secondly are players actually doing this?
By Seratias
monkeychunks wrote:I'm not seeing the problem here... First of all if a player claims a plot with a sign just ask staff if you can buy it. Staff can easily reason out a fair agreement between the players. Secondly are players actually doing this?
Actually, yes, people are doing it, excessively so, especially with Mesa biomes and ice biomes, along with anything that looks pretty. Additionally, hashing and settling it out with another player is unlikely to happen. If they put a sign there, they want that realm, and as long as they have the impression the law is on their side, they will continue. The only way is through staff intervention, but wasting time on something so trivial as player disputes over land is stupid when ruling can be changed to ensure such exploitation to be impossible.

Claiming land for giant builds is not a real problem, as that is a rare example of signs being used to claim land. It would be simpler and far more effective to make sign-claiming illegal, and if someone does this for a giant build, then when someone complains to staff THAT can be settled, rather than making staff settle every land dispute that is based on greed, of which there are far more.

Finally, I got the impression the wipe was for not only refreshing the map, but also encouraging new players to join through a more appealing and vibrant map, closer to what multiplayer should be. How can this work if older players can arbitrarily exploit the rules put in place to help those new players and stagnate the economy through establishing monopolies to which no one can object?
The staff are there for all the silly/petty things that happen between players, if they need to step in to settle a dispute , that actually is part of their job, they did it before the wipe they can do it now.

Just to put it into perspective staff were called multiple times when I had a land dispute on the island, and again when another person had a land dispute with myself on the island, and twice for separate disputes on dead sun and living moon. And that is just land disputes I have had , there are multiple other people living around our area that have had land disputes , where the staff had been called in as well.

Just plopping down a sign on the land does not always work, three occasions where I did that the land was still disputed and in two of those occasions , I had to seek out the people and get permission from them to buy the land , despite the fact I had signs there first, and the last occasion the person disputing the land got the property and not myself.

Still if you put down signs it helps, that is how I was able to claim dead sun and living moon ,I had over 20 plots claimed with signs at one point , I am sure glad that most people have courtesy enough when they see the signs to leave the land alone. And I am glad when claiming the land with signs does not always work, the staff are there to help, even if the argument is just plain silly they will listen.

I really do not think it is necessary to make it illegal to claim lands with signs, and I really do not think that we should only be able to claim one at a time ...
By Meowrocket
If it were, say, 7 realms or so, that seems a bit more fair.
also, how are you going to regulate unknown alts claiming land? Are staff going to have to go to every single claim site to verify it's not an alt of someone who already claimed a plot, even if it's the other side of the map?

Ha no staff workload is high enough-
We need some way to limit it without forcing staff to work.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]