Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
95%
No
5%
By Intelli
The realm wipe command (for flagging realms to wipe) has not yet been implemented. In regards to a notice, the wipe will likely be announced 1 week in advance.

Additionally, terrain merging will only occur on the surface.
By Intelli
This comment is the final advance notice regarding the upcoming wipe.

The exact day/time the wipe will occur at has yet to be determined, due to the fact that the script is still being developed. The wipe will occur as soon as development has been finished, and a seed has been selected.
By cubeguy314
In the meantime, could we receive an update on the realms map which shows which realms will be wiped? Many realms might have disbanded or bought, altering which realms might be wiped.
Would it be possible to receive a biome overview of the new seed with enough time prior to the wipe so that we can check if the private realms that we are wiping will become something useless like an ocean biome?
Edit: This would also have the reverse effect. For example, if we see that a nearby realm is changing into something we wouldn't like, we could purchase the realm and prevent it from being wiped
Last edited by cubeguy314 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Intelli
cubeguy314 wrote:In the meantime, could we receive an update on the realms map which shows which realms will be wiped? Many realms might have disbanded or bought, altering which realms might be wiped.
Would it be possible to receive a biome overview of the new seed with enough time prior to the wipe so that we can check if the private realms that we are wiping will become something useless like an ocean biome?
The final realm list will be calculated at the time of the wipe, at which point the server will be offline.
A biome overview map will likely not be released.
By Neuro_Gasm
So from what I have read, private realms will not wipe unless there 3x3 or more marked for wipe as well? Very disappointing for me considering I have a pretty large section of realms with one owned by another person in the middle, and other private realms surrounding me. Their realm will stop me from wiping all of the other realms ._.
By DGannon
If part of a chunk is in a private realm, but part of it is on public land, will the entire chunk be maintained? Or will the script merge the private part of the chunk with a newly generated chunk?
By Intelli
DGannon wrote:If part of a chunk is in a private realm, but part of it is on public land, will the entire chunk be maintained? Or will the script merge the private part of the chunk with a newly generated chunk?
It'll merge the old chunk with a new chunk, so land is merged exactly up to realm borders.
By 11Hax
Intelli - TS wrote:
3. Intelligently determine what realms to wipe

One of the issues with the last wipe, was that there were weird chunks of land left over, depending on where the edges of realms/chunks were located. To resolve this, we've created a system that only wipes areas of realms that are at least 150x150 in size.

This means that if there's a single public realm, surrounded by private realms, that public realm won't be wiped.

In this example map, green and yellow realms are public, and set to be wiped. Blue realms are private realms, and white realms are public realms that won't be wiped.
Intelli - TS wrote:
That should pretty much be it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
My question is if it would be possible to get a new map like this one before the wipe. Reason for me to ask this is that I have flagged all my realms, but if I have missed only one it could stop a real big area from being wiped, if I could see it like this on forhand it would be a real big help. I have no idea how much work it would be for you to make another of those pictures, but if its reasonable it would help really much.

I know we could sound whining sometimes, but most of us really appriaciate all work you - Intelli - does for this server alongside with the rest of the staff. Thank you for all you done and are doing now. Hope you yourself gets something out of it =/
By 11Hax
One other thing I just thought of. This wipe is a really good time to use all the e-mail addresses you have collected. It might be inactive players that havent heard of the wipe and owns realms dotted in the middle of public areas, it would make a really big diffrence if just a couple of those /realm wiped their realms when it comes to ugly edges in the terrain.

I think its awesome with this wipe, only negative part is the edges... less is better.
By diamond_boss
Question: The minerealm map will be updated so we can see an overview of the new map after the wipe, right?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]