Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
95%
No
5%
By Intelli
Hey everyone,

Here it is - the official proposal for a public land wipe upon switching the server to Minecraft v1.7.2

The idea: Wipe public land.

----- The Details -----

I've been hard at working developing a system that would allow us to wipe public land, while at the same time, resolving the issues that occurred during the last public land wipe.

1. Update biomes across the entire map

To prevent map fragmentation, we'd update biomes across all realms, even private realms. This is something we did during the last public land wipe, and see no reason to not do again.

I've developed tools to assist staff with choosing the perfect new seed, such as biome overview maps.

Updating biomes across all realms will ensure the map feels clean and natural.

2. Allow opting realms into the wipe

This will be possible right up until the wipe occurs. Once the wipe starts, all realms to be wiped are finalized, and realms can't be opted in or out of the wipe.

Upon acceptance of this suggestion, the command "/realm wipe" will be added, allowing players to opt their realm in to be wiped.

3. Intelligently determine what realms to wipe

One of the issues with the last wipe, was that there were weird chunks of land left over, depending on where the edges of realms/chunks were located. To resolve this, we've created a system that only wipes areas of realms that are at least 150x150 in size.

This means that if there's a single public realm, surrounded by private realms, that public realm won't be wiped.

In this example map, green and yellow realms are public, and set to be wiped. Blue realms are private realms, and white realms are public realms that won't be wiped.

4. Merge terrain

To resolve the issue of jarring terrain between old land, and new wiped land, I've been developing a terrain merging system. In the above overview map, yellow realms are realms that terrain merging would occur in.

Here's an example of wiped land without terrain merging:

Here's an example of wiped land with terrain merging:

It's not perfect. However, it should overall improve the edges of old->new land.

--

That should pretty much be it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy voting!
By dlgn
Updating, no weird borders, and an easy way to protect land people are building on. Bravo!
By Skylord_Fox
First off, Thank you. Thank you for taking time to do all this for us.
Now, these all sound really good! I do wonder #1, how will it affect structures and builds?
Next, uhm... nope. That was it.
Well done, our fantastic leader, well done.
By river33
So when will the land wipe command be up and will it only stay up for this public land wipe? I'm curious on if we will be able to wipe our land after this big wipe.
By Tee
Absolutely perfect in my opinion. Achieves a fresh new map without alienating the existing player base. Double thumbs up :D
By Tee
river33 wrote:So when will the land wipe command be up and will it only stay up for this public land wipe? I'm curious on if we will be able to wipe our land after this big wipe.
intelli wrote:2. Allow opting realms into the wipe

This will be possible right up until the wipe occurs. Once the wipe starts, all realms to be wiped are finalized, and realms can't be opted in or out of the wipe
Answer was in the OP ... this is a one-time only command ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]