Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
By kerovon
I'd like to request that we get more chat channels in game. It would be very helpful for cities to be able to have one, even if its only so we don't need to spam global with discussions about building that new wall extension or something. Private messages work to some extent at reducing global spam, but they both take longer to use, and are completely impractical if you are trying to coordinate with more than one person. I'm fairly sure that a lot of people would be thankful if we could have these enabled.
By hellboy9900
i agree, when im trying to build something or trade with a friend i cant see what they are saying so it would be helpful to have each city/person to have their own color. I've been on another server that had everyone have a different color for their text and it really helped me know what other people i was interacting with were saying.
By eagleclaw6
Just so you know you can use /msg [name] [message] if you want to talk privately with someone. It also puts <name> at the beginning of the message so it's a bit more obvious in your chat box.
By hellboy9900
actually i think messages should be different colors instead of the regualar text color so its more noticible
By cerevox
kerovon wrote:Private messages work to some extent at reducing global spam, but they both take longer to use, and are completely impractical if you are trying to coordinate with more than one person.
eagleclaw6 wrote:Just so you know you can use /msg [name] [message] if you want to talk privately with someone. It also puts <name> at the beginning of the message so it's a bit more obvious in your chat box.
Reading comprehension plz. Also, some people have long and annoying names to have to type over and over.
By eagleclaw6
hellboy9900 wrote:actually i think messages should be different colors instead of the regualar text color so its more noticible
I agree, but they could all be one color.
cerevox wrote:
eagleclaw6 wrote:Just so you know you can use /msg [name] [message] if you want to talk privately with someone. It also puts <name> at the beginning of the message so it's a bit more obvious in your chat box.
Reading comprehension plz. Also, some people have long and annoying names to have to type over and over.
How could that be clearer? It has correct grammar. I'll rephrase what I think you had a problem with:
When you use /msg, the message appears in your chat box (the thing in the bottom left) and the chat box of the person you are messaging. The difference is that the name of the person sending the message appears in angle brackets. For example, when I send a message, it looks like this: <eagleclaw6>. I believe that this makes the message a little bit more obvious because the angle brackets stand out.

I hope that clears up my intended meaning.
By cerevox
Your comment made perfect sense, except for the fact that kerovon talked about why private messaged DON'T work. I qouted 2 lines, not just yours. Please read the entire thread, not just the first sentence.
By eagleclaw6
I know, I was trying to help Hellboy and anyone else with a temporary fix. I guess it was redundant, but at least I was trying to help.

Why did you quote the line you had a problem with first then mine, and complain about the first quote? You complain about readability? lol
By cerevox
Your still not getting it.

The first line i quoted was kerovon's explaining why private messages don't work.
The second line i quoted was yours, giving private messages as a work around.

Basically, you gave a solution, after that solution was shown to not work.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]