Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
By Gamnrd
So lately alot of people are complaining about having stuff stolen & I myself have lost alot to thieves >:( so I was thinking a bank should be made!

It would be deep underground close to a map border and only mods alowed to enter. The bank could consist of multiple small rooms containing chests for each bank member.

There could be a fee to get a storege room. But no players aside mods and admins can enter or know it's location!!!
Mods could have a secret warp and act as the bank teller to deposit or withdraw stuff for others.

Preferabbly people would use this to only store more rare items such as dimond, gold & records e.t.c. Not dirt or wood

just wondering if people think this is a good idea!
By Didag
I think that's a great idea. I keep my stuff at bedrock level and far away from spawn but I see how a bank could help many people.
By Intelli
Tried it in Creative, it simply doesn't work.

Creative had over 6,000 unique players play during a 2 month period.
A ton of those players want a bank vault, even if they aren't active players.

Mods simply can't keep up with the demand (creating the vaults, setting warp codes, etc)
We could do it for just active players, but there's still around 50-100 unique players that are considered "active members".

However, I am looking for various plugins, so I'll let you guys know if I come across any (decent) plugin that automates this. (Without protecting every chest, etc).
By Kress91
Perhaps make it so you have to put a down payment on a bank vault? So many stacks of diamonds or gold for a vault?
By cerevox
Donators already get multiple warps, that is practically a bank for them already. Just go several thousand blocks from spawn, dig down to bedrock, put some chests and drop one of your warps there. Bam, a bank.

If your building close enough to spawn to get easily stolen from and leaving your chests with diamonds and iron and gold in the open, expect them to be stolen. If you want to keep your stuff, hide it.
By Gamnrd
I donated half a month ago and I didn't get multple warps & my whole home is hidden underground and my vault much deeper, yet that's still not safe enough I lost everything last night, the theif was probebly using the transperant texture pack trick, there's no way they just dug down where they did exactly above my vault.

point being that a vault monitered by a mod or whoever would be better then any hiding spot.
By savesthedazed
Multiple warps have, unfortunately, been removed. As for a mod monitored vault, mods are players too. Do you think they want to spend their time online guarding other people's junk? This is a survival server. Your stuff is never going to be completely safe. This is just something you have to deal with if you're going to play the game.
By Gamnrd
I was never expecting someone to make this bank I was just sharing my idea, as well the mod wouldn't stay there they just act as the tellar and warp there when people make transactions.

As well I'm tiered of everyone excuseing everything with "oh it's a survival server" so basically shit sucks and we can't try to make it better griefers will grief theives will thief but it's survival so basically people are saying it's allowed, plus inteli is calling this "mostly a creative server" seeing as he no longer intends to restore the old creative map, this map will be home to builders and servivors.
By savesthedazed
Well, that's the way the game is played. I was primarily a creative player until the server went down and I have no problem functioning within the framework of the new server. There are some fundamental things about SMP that you have to remember.

Things that leave your possessions vulnerable
Building with other players (no matter how much you think you can trust them).
Letting other players visit or help with building your towns.
Building something that is visible on the map.

These are really no-brainers. Does this mean you can't do all of those things? Of course not, but you have to expect that undesirable events are going to occur. The mods do their best enforcing the rules, but they can never be 100% effective. Your best bet is to have your main home/base/storage/what-have-you out on the map borders and have a secondary home in a town somewhere.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]